Following on from yesterday’s blog 61 Pairs of Shoes and 4 Cans of Paint, I still had the surplus shoes etc. to sort out today. This is where I’m up to:
- A few pairs need to be cleaned up and putting back.
- One pair needs new laces and can be put back.
- I’m going to put away the flip flops and sandals for the summer (just don’t have anywhere to put them right now, so need to think about emptying a plastic box from around the house somewhere. At the moment they are in a see-through plastic bag.
- The girls don’t want the trainers so the ones that still look like they will fit are going back in the cupboard as spares despite them telling me that they’ll never wear them (I said that you never now when you’ll need an old pair of trainers). The outgrown ones can go into the charity bag as they still look good.
- Some are going in the bin (or to be recycled in some way).
- There are two pairs of brand new black Clarks welly boots that never got worn as it didn’t snow during the years that they fitted the girls. Can’t bring myself to give those away as they were expensive, but I might have to. I will have a quick look on the local Facebook Marketplace page to see if it’s worth trying to sell them on there.
- There are two pairs of Heelys (only worn a couple of times). Might try and sell those too.
I stood there staring at it all earlier and then got distracted by the washing machine beeping at me to let me know that’s it had finished. After hanging it all up, I noticed some items missing. I’d only gone and forgotten to empty my youngest daughter’s washing basket, with uniform in that she needs tomorrow.
So, I had to do another load of washing and eventually got round to moving the shoes. This is all leading to another late night hence posting this so late again.
Looking forward to going to sleep soon, once I’ve put the sheets back on the bed that I washed earlier!