I started to feel a little bit anxious towards the end of today as I’m trying to coordinate a lot around the house. As well as all of the clearing and decluttering that I’m doing, I’m also trying to manage the process of getting quite a few of our ceilings skimmed, plastered and painted and get spotlights put in. I’m just waiting for one more quote and then I think we’re going to go for it.
I’m also trying to get the spare room cleared out for my daughter to have it as her bedroom. We want to try and get as much done as possible before her 16th birthday at the end of next month. As well as all of that, the builder messaged this evening to say that he can knock out our wardrobes in our bedroom next week! It’s fantastic that he’s free to do it (as we thought it would be weeks away), but it caused the overwhelmed feeling to go up a notch. I’m starting to wonder where I’m going to put the contents of two wardrobes!
On a lighter note, I sold the Kerpunk game. The man who collected it seemed really excited saying that he used to have fun playing it when he was a child and now he wanted it for his grandchildren. I’m glad that it’s going to get some use, rather than sitting in my wardrobe still in its cellophane. That’s another item of clutter out of the house.
What did I do on the self-care side today?
- I did my usual stretching and breathing routine that I do every morning when I wake up.
- I had some me-time around lunch time. I sat in the conservatory with some relaxation music, a candle and a drink, and tried to clear my mind whilst taking some slow deep breaths.
- I had an unplanned nap on the swing seat after work. I was listening to the Calm app and drifted off for about 15-20 minutes.
- I’m having a bubble bath this evening,
- I’m looking forward to listening to my relaxation program this evening.
It’s very important that I keep up the self care with everything that I’m juggling. In fact, even when I’m not juggling so much, it’s still important. I felt a head/neck ache coming on earlier and with all of the relaxation I’ve been doing as well as wearing the heated shoulder wrap around my neck, it quickly subsided. That would never have happened before. The headache would have lasted for a couple of days, so I must be doing something right.
Hope you’ve managed to get some me-time today.