I was only supposed to work half day today but I was so busy that I ended up working until almost 3pm. I really wanted to get outside and see how much room was in the skip and then start filling it. This is how it looked before I started…
Not much room at first glance, so I decided to take out the cardboard that I could easily recycle in our normal bins. There was also a lot of space being taken up with polystyrene that I could throw in bin bags, so that came out too.
I needed to get all of this in the skip…
Above left is a pile of wood and plasterboard from when our bedroom wardrobes were knocked out by different builders a few weeks ago. Above right is some stuff that I purged from the garage today.
I did ask my husband to help but he had a meeting, and he also said it was too cold outside. So, as I couldn’t wait and just wanted to get it done this afternoon, I made a start and got most of it in the skip apart from the black sacks containing rubble, some large pieces of plasterboard and a few wooden doors.
En-suite and other jobs
The plumbers came round this afternoon after they finished another job and did the following for us:
- Replace the noisy central heating pump
- Finish installing new pipework under kitchen sink
- Finish off the en-suite bathroom (still waiting for electrician to wire up the lights on the mirrored cabinet – he’ll be here tomorrow)
- Add some silicone sealant to our other showers as a free of charge favour to us so that we didn’t have to do it ourselves
- Take the protective plastic off the stairs and vacuum bedroom, hallway and stairs (I’d forgotten what the stairs looked like 😀)
When they were leaving I asked if what I’d put in the skip was ok and then showed him what was left to go in. He said that I could put the plasterboard in and then did it for me which was good of him.
When I got back into the house, my husband was making the girls and I pancakes. They were delicious!
Busy day but very productive. I’m also managing to go to bed before midnight tonight!