Having a whole week ahead of you and not really having a plan, means that you can just live in the moment and do whatever you want to do whenever you want to do it.
It’s quite rare for me to get this sort of time so I’m going to make sure that I fit in some self-care this week as well as get organised around the house and have some family time.
After taking the girls to school, I had a leisurely breakfast and pottered around doing this and that. Having no builders in, I was able to get on with my usual routines of emptying bins, making beds, giving the bathrooms a quick wipe around, collecting washing and putting one load on, clearing up in the kitchen, taking out the recycling, etc.
The day went at a good pace without pressure. I got a few ‘quick wins’ done today as well…
- Bought light bulbs and fitted them in the lights outside.
- Found some old carpet and other bits and bobs in the garage and tucked them into spaces in the skip.
- Did some admin that had been on my list for a while. Very satisfying!
- Swept out the sawdust in the new cupboard in my daughters room ready to start painting tomorrow.
- As it’s bin day tomorrow, I took out the rubbish including bagging up all of the polystyrene that had blown about in my garden (the stuff I took out the skip the other day when I replaced it with wood).
A big organising step
I reorganised the cupboard under the sink back in July and although it did stay tidy for a little while, it was in need of shelving of some kind. Last week when we got rid of the waste disposal unit I found myself with a bit more room and so I ordered some shelving.
It arrived today, and I was going to put off sorting out the cupboard until tomorrow as I thought that it would take a long time, but I was excited and in the mood to do it. It only took about 30 minutes. The pictures speak for themselves…
It’s amazing how something so simple can make you feel so organised.
That’s it for today.