I noticed this week that the slippers that I bought back in March had split at the back and were starting to look a bit shabby. It’s probably because I’ve been wearing them most days. So, here are my new ones which had miraculously been reduced to half price after they’d been in my Amazon basket for a few days. They are sooooo comfy…
Normally I would have thrown the old ones in the cupboard under the stairs just in case… I actually don’t know why my old self would have kept them. Anyway, because I don’t want a continual clutter build up (I’ll be doing this forever otherwise), I’m actually going to throw them away. The are by the back door ready to go out with the textiles recycling on Tuesday. Well done me!
A tidying and decluttering plan for the weekend
As I’m getting closer to the end of the year, I need a plan. Today, I’ve made a list of what I still need to tidy up and declutter in each room and it feels like a lot, as everywhere seems untidy at the moment. I have routines that I’m sticking to which are helping, but think I need to add more. So, here’s the plan for this weekend:
- Actually make a list of my daily routines rather than just have them in my head. I was writing them down in my planner, but stopped when I had committed them to memory. However, my thoughts are that I was doing better at them when I was ticking them off.
- Go through all clothes that I own, trying them on and making a decision there and then if I want to keep them or not (suggestion by one of my dedicated readers Living Everyday, thank you). I’m hoping to free up some space in the temporary wardrobes and drawers whilst we are waiting for the other ones to be built.
- Finish painting my daughter’s cupboard and wood panelling following the new cupboard being built. Wood primer layer has been done, but we have a few more coats to go.
- Completely clear the study of clutter that’s been put in there following my daughter moving into the ‘old’ study. It’s a mix of old study clutter and some of her stuff which can be moved into her new room now. I bought baskets for her cupboard which are crying out to be filled 😀.
- Time permitting, I will deal with the stuff by the back door, but I’m not so worried about that
I think that’s enough for one weekend, but if I don’t commit to doing something that will move me forward, I will just firefight what’s in front of me and not really get anywhere.
Wish me luck!
As for this evening, I have thought about starting on the above list but I think I’m going to put my feet up instead. I’ve had a busy day at work and I’ve cooked and cleaned up in the kitchen so I think I’ve done enough.