I woke up this morning determined to be positive about the day. It’s not that I’m not normally positive, it’s just that there’s a lot going on at the moment and sometimes I need to reflect on things by myself and clear the mental clutter before I face anyone else. What also helps is when I stumble upon blogs, articles, tweets that inspirational words get me thinking about things from a different perspective.
One particular thing that inspired me today was reading a few posts on KalvinFive’s Thought Journal and the second one was a tweet question from one of my favourite authors Jack Canfield. The question on the tweet was ‘What are some things that make you the happiest?’ Off the top of my head (in the midst of lockdown) here are some of the things on my list:
- Waking up to a new day to see what it brings
- Writing to inspire others
- Creating space in my mind to grow
- Getting to know my family better by listening more
- Calling someone to find out if they are ok
- Pottering around the garden (when the weather is nice this sort of replaces housework and it’s very easy to let your mind wander)
- Finding healthy recipes that are easy to make and taste really good (and I didn’t really enjoy cooking before lockdown)
- Being inspired by someone else’s words whether it be a text, blog, article or book
- Walking and appreciating the beauty out there
What would be on your list?