I should have started writing this earlier as I’m shattered now. It’s been a productive day but as I’m tired, I’m going to write in bullet points:
- Took the girls to school – no traffic for once
- Had the morning off
- Listed everything in my little notebook that I needed to achieve today as it was a lot (by midday I was doing well)
- Cleaned bathrooms
- Plumber came round to look at the en-suite in the spare room, and gave us a similar (high) quote to the other guy. Now we need to decide if it’s worth doing
- Started to clear out the wardrobes before they are knocked out tomorrow
- Did half a day’s work – got a lot done
- Made a simple dinner for me. My husband cooked the girls pancakes
- This evening, my husband started emptying out his wardrobe and we filled one and a half charity bags with clothes that he didn’t want. The bags are all tied up and by the front door ready to go into the garage.
- Took everything else out of the wardrobes by myself and either fitted it in the spare room wardrobe, my daughter’s other wardrobe in her current room, and in baskets all around the house/garage
- I’m filling every spare space in rooms where ceilings aren’t going to be plastered tomorrow
- I’m not feeling stressed – just taking one step at a time even though I am sooo tired
- Everyone else is asleep now
- My daughter was asking earlier when her room will be ready – I said “the plan is for you to be sleeping in there on your 16th birthday even if it’s just on a mattress on the floor” (The bed she wants is now out of stock!)
- Once everything left lying around is out of my bedroom, I will have a relaxing bath
- I’m leaving the kitchen until tomorrow!
- The builder hasn’t confirmed what time he will be here tomorrow, but I’ve managed to get someone else to take the girls to school. I’ll be up and about early as I will be doing packed lunches and seeing the girls off
- I’ve just had to do a load of washing – the girls both need their PE kit for tomorrow.
- It’s dusty work so I’ve been wearing a face mask
- I found 22 x 1000 piece jigsaws in the depths of the wardrobe (the round the corner bit). Will need to give some of those away!
That’s about the gist of it. Here are a few pictures whilst sorting things out…
Almost empty, just shoes snd coat-hangers to take out and put somewhere…
I’ll show you pictures after they’ve been knocked out tomorrow.