I turned 52 today and have enjoyed a second lockdown birthday. Not many of us can say that we’ve had two consecutive lockdown birthdays, but although they are not exactly growing on me, it’s lovely to spend it with the people I am closest to no matter where I am.
Yes, it would be nice to be away somewhere; however, being at home with a family that spoil me and even getting a little bit of time to myself to write (one of my favourite pastimes), is something to be grateful for.
What could be better than this…
- We all had yummy pancakes for breakfast courtesy of my husband.
- I received phone calls from family and friends wishing me well and singing happy birthday to me.
- I watched Aladdin on Netflix with the girls.
- We had a light lunch followed by delicious cheesecake (made by my daughter).
- I sat in the garden enjoying the warm sun. It was a bit breezy at times but when the sun is out, I just can’t resist it. Even the birds sang to me – I’m sure they were singing happy birthday 😊.
- I had a late afternoon walk in the sun with my daughter.
- We had a takeaway curry for dinner.
- I got some great presents… candles, a mini handheld printer, slippers, a journal, chocolates, vouchers, bubble bath, a book about growing roses, and two different types of blossom trees which are going to arrive next week.
I’ve always wanted a blossom tree and my wish has come true. I usually watch them flower in other people’s gardens, and I’m so looking forward to having my own.
All in all, it’s been a lovely relaxing day!
Until next time…
Happy Birthday 🙂
Thank you so much 😊
Happy Birthday! It’s my BFF’S B-Day, too.
Thank you so much 😊
Happy birthday Sandra and it sounds as if you’ve had a wonderful time. My challenge is to make my beloved hubby’s second lockdown birthday more special than the last one.
Thank you Sheree. I’m sure you’ll come up with sonething very special. It’s all about being together 😊
Well, Happy Birthday, sounds like a lovely day. What exactly is a blossom tree? That cheesecake looks delicious.
Thank you. Yes, the cheesecake was really delicious. Other names for blossom trees that you might be aware of are crab apple, cherry tree (cherry blossom), amelanchier. I’ve only just found out that there are so many different types. They flower in the spring (pink or white) and the leaves turn green in summer and some of them have leaves that turn red, orange and yellow in autumn.
Okay that makes sense I thought you were speaking of a certain tree, we have so many that blossom that I was confused. Blossoms in the spring just make you happy, love them all.
Happy Birthday! Sounds like a very lovely day. 🙂
Thank you, yes it was lovely 😊