I was very grateful that SAKS, my local beauty salon, could fit me in for a facial this morning. It was totally relaxing and not having had one for nearly a year, I thoroughly enjoyed the pampering experience which included an neck, shoulder, arms and scalp massage as well. I’m booked in again in 7 weeks’ time – cannot wait!
Out for a motivational walk
The sun was shining this afternoon so I decided to wrap myself up warm and go out for a brisk walk to motivate me to get some things done around the house. I have a few days off and didn’t want to waste them sitting around doing nothing (not that I ever tend to do that 😀). I wasn’t planning on going out for nearly an hour because it was so cold, but I just walked on the sunny sides of the streets and kept going. I did 5,000 steps and was propelled into motivation when I got home.
In the garage again…
Even though it was much too cold for sorting boxes and containers in a cold garage, I felt like doing it because things were getting on top of me in the house. I still can’t believe how easy it is for me to find enough stuff to fill a large charity bag just by spending an hour in there. I donated a lot last year, and took a couple of small bags last month, but this will be the first bag for February.
Taking my own advice
I was just reading back at a few of my old posts from October 2020 on reasons why not to feel stressed about the mess and thought it was worth highlighting some of the steps here:
You know you don’t have to feel stressed about the mess when you…
- have a plan for keeping on top of things
- know where most ‘out of place things lying around’ are going to go i.e. it’s always good to identify places for things
- have been listening to Your Spacious Self by Stephanie Bennett Vodt (her words of advice always make you feel calm)
- don’t identify with the clutter
- know that when you feel motivated you can turn a mess into something organised pretty quickly
- have a system going so that you can regularly donate stuff which will keep you focused
- have allocated time to sort things out and give yourself time to go through it
- allow yourself time to relax and have me-time in between the clearing sessions
I really should take my advice more often 😊
Time for winding down now and listening to a relaxation track before going to sleep. I have a feeling that I’m going to sleep like a baby tonight.
Until next time…