I can’t believe how simple this one was. I gathered up all the batteries scattered about the house, which can only be because there isn’t a place for them. I used the tester (that I found in the desk drawer the other day) to check if they were working and was surprised that most of them were showing full. The whole process took me no more than 10 minutes whilst the dinner was in the oven.
The good batteries now have a home in the ‘good batteries’ box, meaning less searching for them when someone asks me for one! I even found a couple of rechargeable ones which is possibly a much better way of doing things.
The old batteries have a place too and will eventually make their way to the recycling centre. In fact, I just paused to research where I can do this and it appears that my local supermarket will take them or I can leave them out with my collection bins.
I even identified a place for the 2 containers which took a bit longer than planned as I had to move a couple of things in the kitchen cupboard.
Another step forward on the decluttering front for day 4… and I am helping the environment.