I continued with the wardrobes today. I didn’t have much time having been at work, but managed to do the following:
- I took out all the clothes that were hanging up and dumped them on the bed
- I dismantled the plastic drawer tower but kept the items in each drawer for future sorting (each drawer used to be labelled but the labels have been slowly falling off)
- I removed the wicker baskets for future sorting
- I paired up the hidden shoes and boots and put the boot shapers in the boots
This was the photo before I started:
What I put back into the wardrobe
- I only put the clothes back that I knew I would definitely wear and dumped the rest in the spare room for future sorting, trying on and decision making
- I split up the plastic drawers – two at the bottom and three on the top shelf (to be sorted another day)
- After a quick glance at both wicker baskets, I noticed that one of them housed swim/beach wear and summer clothes that I wouldn’t wear this time of year so I didn’t put it back. I returned the other wicker basket for future sorting
- I placed a couple of pairs of boots with the boot shapers in at the bottom of the wardrobe
- I left sandals and shoes that I don’t wear very often in a convenient flat box across the bottom under the wicker basket. I’m going to have to find a place for the rest of the shoes.
This is where I got to…
I’m really starting to feel organised with the wardrobes, but there’s a lot left to do and some decisions still to be made. I’m feeling a bit more confident about working on the built-in ones over the next couple of weeks – I’ll just do a bit at a time.