How is it possible to feel down whilst having a relaxing day in the garden? I have absolutely no idea. Anyway, I knew that exercise would help so I started with that. Here’s the full list of the pick-me-ups that I used today:
- Got on the Max trainer exercise machine for 25 minutes.
- Listened to a few days of Miranda Hart’s videos whilst on the Max trainer and a few things she said resonated with me: “paradoxically, not being in control is freeing and is the answer, and that in itself is freeing.” She then said that “if we are not in control of our lives, we should just take a day at a time and be loving”. Very powerful words.
- Watched my friend Alcina dancing in her lounge in Portugal (she’d posted it on Facebook to cheer all of her Facebook friends up). It really made me smile.
- Talked to my mum and dad on the phone – they’re always there for me and just chatting with them makes me feel better.
- Hugged my husband who wasn’t feeling well and made him cups of tea. He brought me out a drink in the garden later.
- Sat with my girls in the garden – they always make me smile and I’m so lucky to be in lockdown with them.
- Meditated using my favourite app.
- Listened to random music videos on Facebook. The ones in particular that made me smile and sing along to were: Gary Barlow’s daily duets – he calls them #thecroonersessions. I even found ‘I’m Dreaming of a white Christmas’ – an animated version by the lovely Michael Bublé.
- Laid down on the swing seat and stared up at the trees whilst it gently rocked.
After all of that, I got up and felt more motivated to continue with my daily decluttering challenge. Today is day 101. I found a screen protector lying around still boxed up that I needed to put on my daughter’s iPad and thought that it was a good time to just get on and do it.
I can feel myself building up to some big moves forward on the decluttering front this weekend. Also, I think I can hear my daughter doing the dishwasher downstairs which is one less thing that I have to do this evening.
Now about to cuddle up and watch a few old episodes of ‘Friends’ with my daughter.
Your day sounds like it was a good mix of ‘stopping the clock’ and being a ‘busy bee’ to me. What’s wrong with that? It was balanced, you spent time on your own lying on that swing seat staring up at the sky, you helped your daughter fit the screen protector to her Ipad, you received and gave love and kindness to your husband. You exercised, and you also sorted something on your decluttering list. Well done you. Happy Easter.
Thank you Maria. That’s exactly the type of day it was. Happy Easter to you too
What a great sounding day. Relax and enjoy.
Thank you. I’ve been a busy bee today, but more on that later 😊
Friends my one of the favorite shows. Dear Sandra, your article is very natural and real. I lived the moment.
Thank you for commenting and for your kind words. I’m glad you enjoyed reading it
Pingback: Day 366: Wrapping up 2020 From a Clear and Calm Space | Sandra Madeira
Pingback: Sorry It’s Been a While… I’ve Been Decluttering for a Year | My Writing Notebook